Friday, February 25, 2011

Summary Post C4K comments 1, 2 and 3

Comment #1
This comment was for an anonymous young student in 5th grade taught by Mr L. The student wrote about their first time to the zoo. There he/she, along with his/her parents and two sisters, went first to the monkeys, followed by snakes, bats and crocodiles. They then ventured on to visit large wildcats like lions and tigers, of which the white tiger was her favorite. The student informed me that the last thing they did was attend the petting zoo.
My response to the student was that I told her that I also enjoy going to zoo, and that while I was growing up in New Orleans, Louisiana my family and I made trips to the Audubon Zoo, where we too would look at the monkeys first, for they were the funniest and most entertaining animals, especially the orangutans. Lastly, I thanked her for her post and told her that I was glad she had a good time.

Comment #2
This comment was for a student named Efilona in Ms. Squires' Room 14 5th grade class at Pt. England School in Auckland, NZ. She uploaded to her blog a picture of the aftermath of the earthquake which just recently hit Christchurch. In my comment I told her that my heart went out to everyone in New Zealand and that I hoped she won't hesitate to help any of those in need. Her blog was looking a little bare, so I asked if she could spice it up a bit so that all of us in Alabama could learn a bit more about her and her school.

Comment #3


This assignment was for a young student in Room 16, taught by Mr. Kent Somerville, of Pt. England School in New Zealand. The student, 9-year-old Senolita, had a blog post about Holloween. She spoke about how she went with her aunt and cousins while her mother stayed home to do the laundry. She described her costume as baby powder, make-up and black lipstick on, so she may have been either a ghost or a skeleton (most likely a skeleton). She said trick-or-treat at the house next door which belonged to a Mr. Burt. Senolita's friend Ashleigh opened the door and apologized, so quite possibly had no candy to offer, but she did compliment Senolita's costume.
I wrote back saying it sounded like she had a very enjoyable Holloween, and I recalled a Holloween experience of my own in which I was dressed up like Spiderman and had a lot of fun. I also acknowledged a few other details on her blog, like how she likes the rapper 50 Cent.

No comments:

Post a Comment