Saturday, February 19, 2011

Blog Post #5





Not only did I receive a bit of knowledge and refreshment on things like Roman history and Christopher Columbus, but I am sure that this educational opportunity was also very beneficial for the kids, not only for the kids who completed this podcast but also kids from other schools eager to learn. These young students did an excellent job explaining their subjects in their podcasts.




The Beneļ¬ts of Podcasting in the Classroom

I really like how in this video they spoke of how podcasting is a cure for when students are out sick. As I write this, my group podcast assignment is already complete, and I integrated the idea of if a student is sick, the teacher could upload an assignment onto a blog via podcast, and the student could respond with a podcast himself. That way, if a student is out of school for either a day or an expended amount of time, they will not fall behind in their work. As the video says, crisis averted!

100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better


It is great how industries like iPod are using their technology to help advance our education. I believe that the reason behind young students being readily willing to learn via MP3 players is because the younger generation is fond of new technology, especially the iPod. Bu utilizing that wonderful device for something more than just music, young students, because of their fondness for the devices, will be willing to learn through it. My favorite feature from the list of 100 is definitely the Free Classic AudioBooks. I love to read, and while it also provides classic novels for you, it also takes away the problem of having to pay a large sum of money for these books.







3 comments:

  1. I resisted audio books for some time but now I listen to them regularly. That's all i listen to while driving to and from work. And the ones you mention are free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must be not only enjoyable but relaxing as well! I'm sure it takes the edge off of having to drive through traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this blog post. I enjoyed doing my first Podcast ever, how about you? I thought it was neat that you discussed using Podcasting for sick students. What a great idea for students. I recently shared this idea with my niece, who is 12 years old and a straight "A" student. She had to miss a week of school due to the flu recently and she loved the idea of podcasting and being able to hear and know what was going on in her classroom. Hopefully by the time we start teaching this will be something that we can offer our students. Once again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and I wish you the best in EDM 310 and your future as a teacher!

    ReplyDelete