Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Progress Report on Final Project

Yes! At first the idea of completely inventing my own project without 'directions' from Dr. Strange seemed so daunting... And yet, Project #14 (Teach Someone Something) went surprisingly well; I thoroughly enjoyed doing what I wanted to do, rather than what someone else instructs me to do. While this kind of project can end poorly -because of poor planning on the individual's part-, it can also be tremendously good work, because there are no tethers or limitations on what you can do.

I know I don't have much so far... but I want to create a project in which I can involve technology into my future classroom setting. I am an english major, and because this project is collaborative I'd like to find any other english majors in EDM310 who are willing to work with me. I think some kind of video, Smartboard Presentation or something similar would be excellent, particularly one in which I and my fellow classmates incorporate a sort of 'mock lesson' for a group of 'students', so as to better prepare ourselves for our future teaching careers. Any english majors who read this, please think about collaborating with me! I think it would be great.

More to come later,
Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment