Monday, April 4, 2011

Blog Post #11

First Graders in Ms. Cassidy's Class and
http://edm310.blogspot.com/2010/03/ms-kathy-cassidy-skype-conversation.html




Ms. Cassidy is doing in her classroom what a lot of teachers probably wish they were doing. I would have never thought that children so young could be getting such a hands-on experience with technology! And all of it seems to be in a safe, appropriate setting in which parents wouldn't have to raise concerns about things like 'cyber bullies.' It all seems monitored, with the students only able to pull up those things are their class blog which will help further their education. I would love to see this in a classroom, especially because it was only until just recently that I became more accustomed with the world of technology (thanks to EDM310), and these kids are doing it so young!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I agree with you how amazing it is that children at such a young age can do so much. It is a wonderful hands-on experience for the students. Stories like these make me more enthusiastic about having a blog in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Matthew! I agree with you on this! It's so encouraging to see teachers so enthusiastic about teaching their students the usefulness of technology at such a young age! It makes me want to discover everything I can about technology when I see what these young kids can accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matthew,

    Ms. Cassidy is doing an excellent job using technology in the classroom, and I think everyone is surprised by the first graders in this video. The technology definitely enriches these students' lives, and I hope we all have the same opportunity with our students. They certainly need this type of education in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete