Sunday, May 1, 2011

Final Report on PLN

The thing about a Personal Learning Narrative is it constantly changes. Just like you can't say "Alright, my mind has reached it's full capacity," you can say the same for a PLN. It simply doesn't work that way. The mind never stops learning, the internet keep expanding, PLNs continually grow. Midway through the semester we were asked in EDM310 to create a PLN. Now, the thing about it, which can be good or bad depending on your view of things, is that there are no rigid rules when it comes to creating a PLN. That is both the beauty and the curse, but once one gets over the question "what on earth am I going to do with this?" they can come to the comforting solution of "well, just about anything."
Truth be told I wasn't very comfortable when first using the Symbaloo website. It was complicated to navigate and had seemingly endless options. But that's what made it so great. I'm still getting used to it, but my homepage, which has features like facebook, youtube, gmail, twitter and apple, makes it relatively easy to get from one place to another while saving as much time as possible. If you have a youtube account or any of the other accounts mentioned above, which we are required to have in EDM310, all one needs to do sign into those accounts by clicking on the little link boxes, and it makes for much easier navigation. I'm still getting used to it, still finding new things, and am still getting confused... which, I think, is a good thing after learning what Dr. Strange has taught us, and I quote "I don't know. Let's find out." Those words ring amicably. My PLN will change, transform, morph... whatever word you want to use. And I believe, as the semester comes to a close as well as EDM310, that learning never ceases to change, our minds never cease to expand. If that weren't true, I wouldn't be writing this, and you wouldn't be reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment