Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Summary Post C4K #'s 4-6

C4K #4

This was a comment on James' blog at Pt. England School in Aucklund, New Zealand. He is in Mr. Barks' class in Room 18. His post was a picture of Goku, a character from an animated fighting series called Dragon Ball Z. I admitted to James that I did not know much about Dragon Ball Z or Goku, so I consulted a website called Dragon Ball Wiki in order to conduct some research. I informed James that I found out, through the aid of the website, that Goku is the protagonist in the Dragon Ball Z series, trains intensely to become a heroic figure, and keeps peace. I told James that this Goku character sounded like a very admirable figure, and finally, I thanked James for his post.

C4K #5

This was another comment for James. James' blog post was about Tarantulas. He wrote of how they move softly and silently through the desert in search of their prey. James also wrote that the spider can sense its prey from a meter away, then injects its victim with poison from its fangs which are two centimeters long. Through all of this James was a very good writer, making everything sound interesting, scientific as well as entertaining.

In my response to James' post, after introducing myself, I told him that I thought spiders, especially tarantulas, are fascinating creatures. I wrote how in nature shows the viewers see the spider lurking in the shadows, awaiting its victim, when all at once, before the audience or prey even has the remotest time to act, the spider lunges forward and claims its victim. I thanked him for his post and informed him that I often research spiders because they're so interesting to me, and that because of his post I would be researching a bit more.

C4K #6

This comment was for a video post done by students in room 8 at Melville Intermediate School. It was a series of two videos, the assignment being for the children to create a slideshow which featured 4 sets of 5 pictures, with themes being the Library, around Melville, Odd and Students of MIS. The students completed the assignment wonderfully, with interesting and very well-taken pictures from the aforementioned themes.

In my response, after introducing myself, I explained to them that I've always enjoyed learning visually and auditorily, and their videos stimulated my senses of sight and hearing. I actually danced to the catchy music they chose, and was quite awestruck, in fact, at a number of the pictures these young students took; they were of very good quality, a quality I am sure even skilled photographers could have captured at such a young age.



No comments:

Post a Comment