Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Project # 3 C4T

SpanishDict

For my C4T assignment I was to go to Dianne Krause's Blog. The post that I commented on, which is one among many of a long list of quotes called "Dianne's Digital Discoveries," is about SpanishDict, which is an online Spanish-English dictionary founded in 1999. The cite is very easy to use; you simply type in either a word or phrase and with the click of a button the cite will accurately translate it for you. Her post about the reliable and interesting cite mentions SpanishDict concentrates on making learning languages a fun  experience, and also that people can ask questions on the cite and have them answered. In my comment I told Miss Dianne how I would most definitely be returning to the cite. I took a home-schooling Spanish course back in middle-school, and I told Miss Dianne how useful SpanishDict would have been if I had known about it then.

SMART Board Terminal

The second post that I commented on Dianne Krause's Blog was also part of "Dianne's Digital Discoveries." Her post was about the SMART Board Terminal, which is a wiki created by Lauren Boucher, a teacher from Pitt County Schools. The SMART Board Terminal is a very ingenious tool designed to let anyone organize educational information of their own as well as find educational tips from others. It is a wiki, so the visitor of the cite has the flexibility to edit it to their own needs. I told Ms. Dianne that I thoroughly enjoyed the cite and that I went straight for a link called Vocabulary Games and Resources, which provided me with a plethora of fun games for students to use that can teach them English (which is what I focused on in my comment to Ms. Dianne) as well as math, science, history and other subjects. It is a good tool for both the teacher and the student.

No comments:

Post a Comment